Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home. Next Stop: Toronto

I'm back home. The first leg of the tour was amazing. Sold some books, sold some art, drove a thousand miles and managed to get a bit of skating in at pretty much every stop. Props to Portland and Vancouver for a couple of super good little skate plazas. One thing I was bad about was documenting the events... but I swear, people came out. Here's a shot from Needles and Pens site. They were better about it.

By the way, they mention on their site that they plan to make the work from the show available online in the next week. I'll try to keep tabs and make a note here as well.

I didn't document the events, or the skating for that matter, but I did get some photos of some of the places I stayed. In Portland that was at Nate's house. He's a friend of my brother-in-law from way back, he's in Witch Mountain and has a rad roommate named Matt who does kind of amazing metal cover art. Here's some stuff from Nate's house:









He also had an amazing super-old poster in his room, a sort of pinup style painting of the "women of the X-Men" with Rogue, the mohawked Storm and Kitty hanging out by the pool. from the late 80's probably. Amazing. And apparently super rare as the image doesn't seem to be anywhere on the web.

Lastly, I should probably mention Brian Ralph's diary comics from ComicCon. They're awesome. And not just because I'm in them.

Lastly, huge thank yous to all the shops that hooked me up: Family, Needles & Pens, Pegasus, Floating World, Fantagraphics and Lucky's.

2 comments:

beano said...

I've owed you a shout back for almost as long as you owed me one. Ha! We're such slackers! Well... I guess your less of one, seeing as you're travelling loads and pumping out wonderful books...

I'm excited that you're coming to Toronto again (finally). And not just the one occasion -- THREE!! Holy craaaapppp!

I'm going to hold off & just show you that tattoo of your two birds fighting until then. A picture just isn't the same, and it'll give me something to yap about so I'm not as much of a mumbling, bumbling fool.

beano said...

Also, I want to live at this guy's house... :)